President-elect Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. says he’ll employ a tactic of his late father, former President Ferdinand Marcos Sr., in order to address the current fuel price crisis.
This tactic involves using diplomacy to essentially get whatever advantage the Philippines can from other countries in terms of procuring petroleum products from them.
“Malaking problema itong nangyari na nagtataasan ang presyo ng lahat ng petroleum products. Wala naman tayong magawa, we just have to take whatever price we’re getting,” Marcos told reporters during a press briefing Monday afternoon, June 20.
“But hopefully…I remember in the last oil crisis, 1973 oil crisis, napakiusapan naman natin ang mga kaibigan natin sa oil-producing countries na medyo pagbigyan tayo in terms of the credit, in terms of the payment period and things like that. In fact, we will pursue that again, sa diplomacy side naman yun,” he said.
Incidentally, ever since the elections were finished and it was clear that he had won the presidential race, Marcos has kept himself busy by hosting courtesy calls with various foreign diplomats.
He said he has already begun to explore possible deals with these envoys. “Lahat nung kausap kong mga ambassador inumpisahan ko na.”
“Sinasabi, baka mayroon tayong pwede pag-usapan in terms of…all of them who have supply of gas, who have supply of oil, I already opened the discussion with them dahil we have to explore na lahat, we have to explore everyone,” he noted.
The envoys from South Africa and Nigeria are examples of diplomats that Marcos recently spoke to on the subject of petroleum product procurement or development.
- GINISA ni Raffy Tulfo si DFA Usec de Vega sa ZERO acquittal ng mga OFWs sa ibang bansa
- Raffy Tulfo SINABON ang DA at BOC sa bulok na sistema sa pagtaas ng presyo ng sibuyas
Breaking Latest News
- Jakarta Filipino Community MAINIT na tinanggap si PBBM
- Talumpati ni PBBM sa 100th Founding Anniversary of the Nurses Association
- Huwag ninyong niloloko ang ading ko. -Imee Marcos
- DA Undersecretary ipinirma si PBBM para sa illegal importation ng 300K sugar metrictons
- BLUEPRINT solusyon ng Russia-Ukraine inflation