Four Filipino sailors were among the survivors in a collision between a Korean ship and a Taiwanese vessel in the waters of the Pacific Ocean between Papua New Guinea and Solomon Island on June 8.
Among the Filipino survivors were Mark Anthony Camense, Jhoecel Asturias, Jovencio Mariano, and Marielo Bautista.
In a video shared by Camense to GMA News, the Korean Reefer Ship Momyo sank after it was hit by the Taiwanese vessel Viva Fafa.
According to the Filipino survivors, they went fishing and were about to return to Solomon Islands when the incident happened.
“Akala nga namin hindi na kami makalabas kasi ammonia.,” Camense said.
Asturias added they were only able to save their cellphones.
The incident is already being investigated, the Filipino sailors said.
Bautista, meanwhile, said the incident cannot be called an accident because the captain of the Taiwanese vessel allegedly did not want to turn on their radar. “Nakasara lahat ng radar.”
The four sailors are currently in Taiwan.
- GINISA ni Raffy Tulfo si DFA Usec de Vega sa ZERO acquittal ng mga OFWs sa ibang bansa
- Raffy Tulfo SINABON ang DA at BOC sa bulok na sistema sa pagtaas ng presyo ng sibuyas
Breaking Latest News
- Jakarta Filipino Community MAINIT na tinanggap si PBBM
- Talumpati ni PBBM sa 100th Founding Anniversary of the Nurses Association
- Huwag ninyong niloloko ang ading ko. -Imee Marcos
- DA Undersecretary ipinirma si PBBM para sa illegal importation ng 300K sugar metrictons
- BLUEPRINT solusyon ng Russia-Ukraine inflation