President Rodrigo Duterte and Department of Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Art Tugade led the reopening of the Philippine National Railways (PNR) San Pablo-Lucena Inter-provincial Commuter Service, Saturday.
Almost a decade after its last operation in October 2013, the public can start retaking the San Pablo-Lucena line beginning Sunday, June 26, 2022.
This commuter line will reduce travel time between San Pablo and Lucena to 30 minutes from the usual one-hour travel time.
The San Pablo-Lucena line will have two main stations and four flag stops and will be serving four municipalities and one city in the provinces of Laguna and Quezon.
The 44-kilometer inter-provincial railway commuter line is vital in “restoring” the PNR Bicol or “Bicol Express”, which will link Metro Manila and the provinces in Southern Luzon, including Laguna, Quezon, Camarines Sur, and Sorsogon.
DOTr, in a statement, said, “A few days left before the Duterte administration’s term comes to an end, our enthusiasm and commitment to give a more convenient and comfortable life to every Filipino remain firm. Indeed, this is the legacy that the Duterte administration and the DOTr, under the leadership of Secretary Art Tugade, will leave behind.”
Breaking Latest News
- Wasak si Franz Castro kay Ombudsman at naging katawa-tawa sa mga tanong sa house hearing
- Cong Isidro Ungab sumabog sa dating NCIP head Allen Capuyan sa pagbuo ng armed group na pumapatay sa mga IPs
- IKULONG ang mayayaman na smugglers!
- Robin Padilla binira ang lawlessness ng mga Teves ginamit pa ang mga pulis scalawags
- Francis Tolentino seeks postponement of Barangay, SK election in Negros Oriental