Presidential aspirant Vice President Leni Robredo on Monday, Jan. 17, shrugged off the disqualification cases against her rival, former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., before the Commission on Elections (Comelec), whose second division earlier junked one of the cases.
“Hindi, hindi namin inaabangan kasi whatever naman nung desisyon ng Comelec, hindi naman apektado ‘yung laban,” she told reporters during a chance interview at the sidelines of her Swab Cab project in Antipolo City.
Robredo also earlier said that personally, she would want to face Marcos in the upcoming presidential elections to prove “once and for all” that she won in 2016.
The son of the namesake of the former dictator petitioned for Robredo’s removal from office for allegedly cheating in the vice presidential polls. This was junked by the Supreme Court in February last year.
“Lagi naman namin sinasabi na ‘yung laban ng aking kandidatura ay hindi naman nakadepende saka nakabase sa galaw ng ibang mga kandidato,” Robredo said.
“Tayo, whatever the decision will be, sige lang tayo,” the Vice President added.
On Monday, the poll body’s second division junked the petition filed by former Supreme Court spokesperson Theodore Te, representing political detainees and human rights and medical organizations that opposed the Martial Law, for the cancellation of Marcos’ Certificate of Candidacy (COC).